6.14 news conferenceI am a Spanish, and Media and Popular Culture major and have found an internship that is right up my alley. I am working at Univision on Capitol Hill. With a small group of people working at this station (6 people), I have been able to get to know everyone very quickly.

I have not been able to find time to post any blogs, because I have been running around DC with Univision. I have met correspondents from many different news stations as well as congressmen, senators and governors such as Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul and many more. The other day I actually got cleared to go to the White House, to interview the chief sheriff of the 3rd largest area in the US – down in Texas – about boarder control. We have been very busy in the office dealing with immigration.

I have been learning a lot about Final Cut Pro and have started to create the projects for the news segments. Our news comes on at 6 p.m. on Univision with Fernando Pizarro (If you ever get the chance to see it, and understand Spanish).

When I come into the office, I put my stuff down and then start getting in contact with whomever we can in regards to getting an interview about whatever we decide the piece will be on for that day. I have already learned a lot about how the news broadcasting networks work in the office, and have been up-to-date with all the news going on, as there are TVs all around our office airing different news stations 24/7. I absolutely love this internship and hope to, one day, continue my work with a news broadcasting television network.