6.19 Ferry6:00AM on my first day of work and boy…I could not have been happier it was sunny out! At 7:30AM I hopped in the car and drove to the ferry port to make the 8:00AM boat to Midtown. An hour and ten minutes later, I arrived all smiles to greet the 42nd street bus that shuttled me from Pier 79 on the West side all the way over to the East side where my office was. Twenty minutes later, I hopped off the bus a few blocks early to see if I could scout out the infamous Park Avenue Starbucks shop. I had heard they make some of the best made-to-order coffees but one had better know what they want or it’s to the back of the line for you! Having found the shop, I happily sipped on my chai tea latte as I lugged my oversized “duffel-bag-purse” (as my Dad calls it) up to 288 East 45th between 2nd and 3rd. The “city girl” life seemed a little more glamorous in my head…and there was definitely someone to help me carry the huge purse on my shoulder in my vision, but so far the first day was going very well and I hadn’t even made it into the office yet!