6.19 AmyOn Monday, I presented to my fellow interns about the internship project I have been working on and will work on for a majority of the summer. It occurred to me that I should let you all know as well!

My project is called “Hometown Stories.” It has been an excellent opportunity to get to know all of the other NASM interns, and has taught me a lot about public relations. Basically, what I’m doing is pitching stories about each intern to their hometown newspapers, as well as their college newspapers. The purpose of this project is to generate publicity about the Museum and the internship opportunities available, as well as publicity about each intern because they’re working hard this summer and deserve to be recognized for it.

This project has been an amazing opportunity to truly learn about the process of pitching the media, and to have my hand in each step of the pitching process. This is something I didn’t have any experience in prior to now. Over the course of the next few blogs, I will detail the steps of pitching the media for this particular project, and explain a bit more about my experiences as I have worked on this project.