StephanieOne really cool part of my internship this summer has been being able to work and engage with partnerships. One huge partnership that the Customer Initiatives Team is currently engaged in is with Chegg. Many of you have probably used Chegg, but for those who don’t know, Chegg is an online textbook rental company. Office Depot and Chegg have been working together to produce co-branded emails, blog posts and contests. We have sent Chegg three amazing prizes to be given out as part of their Countdown to College sweepstakes! I have taken the Chegg partnership under my wing. I really have found a connection to this project because I am the target market with whom the partnership is trying to connect!

Every Friday, we have a conference call with the ladies over at Chegg to discuss progress and steps moving forward without projects. In discussing the content for the upcoming blog posts, I volunteered to host a focus group with a bunch of the interns to see which items they would like to see mentioned in particular blog topics. This is great insight because all of the interns are either in college or recent graduates. I ended up staying until after 6pm on this particular Friday preparing the materials for the focus group!

The outcome was a great success! I was able to gain lots of insight and knowledge into what would be good items to feature in the blog posts. To see the Chegg/Office Depot blog posts, visit: http://blog.chegg.com/author/officedepot321/