7.1 ArticleLast week was absolutely… crazy, fun, exciting, stressful, life changing. I had the opportunity to interview two actors, one on Wednesday, June 26, and the other on Thursday, June 27. For this post, I want to talk about just the first one.

My first interview was with Gildart Jackson, a British actor who is currently playing Giles, the butler on ABC’s reality show “Whodunnit?” The experience was one-of-a-kind, and after roughly half a week of prep, I learned a lot.

The biggest thing I learned is research is essential. How well you research the person you are interviewing is a huge factor in creating a well thought out interview. I spent most of the days leading up to my interview doing nothing but research. I searched his IMDb account, narrowed down his roles and spent countless hours watching clips and interviews to help me understand who this person was.

To know that when Gildart Jackson asked me, “Have you seen this?” or “Have you seen that?” and I could reply back saying, “Yes I have!” and then discuss it with him, is an empowering feeling. Not only did it make him excited to talk about the shows, it made me excited to know I could hold that conversation with him.

7.1 ScreenThe other most important thing is how you set up your interview space. I made sure I had put myself in a quiet area with little to no distraction, with my phone and laptop plugged in. I pulled up IMDb along with my questions, and I had a document up that allowed me to record the interview.

I won’t sit here and gush too much about how amazing it was talking with Gildart Jackson, but what I will say is how thankful I am for this opportunity. 7.1 TweetI knew when I started my internship, I’d have the chance to interview celebrities, artists and authors, but I never knew it’d actually happen. So, I send one million thanks to The Daily Quirk and the wonderful managing editor for making this happen!

However, I do have one more thing to share. After the interview went live, something awesome happened. One of the contestants from the show “Whodunnit?” took the time to favorite the tweet about my article posted by The Daily Quirk. I know, it’s nothing too special, but to me it made me feel on top of the world.

You can read my interview with Gildart Jackson here: http://thedailyquirk.com/2013/06/29/an-interview-with-whodunnit-star-gildart-jackson/