7.8 Kelly in fieldThis past week I had the opportunity to go on my first “business trip” which fortunately felt more like a vacation. The Ulman Cancer Fund has a program called the 4k for Cancer, that has college students run or bike across the country with the goal of offering hope, inspiration and support to cancer communities along the way.

I had the pleasure of traveling out to Missouri to meet with the Run team to see how they were doing, record video and take pictures. Thankfully, I have had some practice at High Point University with shooting on site, in less than optimal conditions and I have learned how to make the most of the opportunities presented to get the best shot possible.

7.8 FieldI spent a large portion of each day hanging out the window of a van as it drove down the rural back roads where the participants were running. I even had the chance to do a little running myself, though I was definitely not capable of running as much as those people did every day. We were also able to cook dinner for cancer patients and their caregivers at the Kansas City Hope Lodge. It doesn’t feel much like work when it so gratifying! I enjoyed supporting these runners as they made their way closer to their end destination of Baltimore.

This trip was a great break in the normal routine, although I am looking forward to getting back into the office and catching up on work!