7.22 on cameraIt has been a few weeks filled with various tasks and assignments including a unique visit to the newsroom from HPU! Pam Haynes, along with a couple photographers and videographers, visited the newsroom early Tuesday morning to take photos and conduct an interview with me about my experience here at WTOP. They also interviewed Amanda Meadows, a fellow HPU alum who is the traffic reporter for ABC 7 News and reports from the WTOP newsroom. We were able to do an interview together and discuss what it has been like working with 7.22 News conferencean HPU alum and the wonderful experience it has been.

Also this week, I had the amazing opportunity of attending the news conference regarding Operation iGuardian, a surge operation to identify and arrest abusers of online sexual exploitation as well as rescue their victims. I captured photos of John T. Morton, the Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, speaking at the conference located at the ICE headquarters in Washington, D.C.

I am overjoyed with the variety of opportunities I have been given so far as an intern both in the newsroom and out in the field. I cannot believe I only have two weeks left here and three weeks until I start my senior year. This summer sure has flown by!