StephenMy name is Stephen Lillie, and I am entering my junior year at HPU. For the past month and a half, I have been interning at Chitika (pronounced CHIH-tih-ka). Chitika is a leading Online Advertising Network and Data Analysis company located in Westborough, MA. We recently extended our partnership with Yahoo!, and our data insights were used in Apple’s latest WWDC Conference and can also be seen on top tech sites such as TechCrunch and PCWorld. On top of all of that, Chitika was a finalist in the 2013 Boston Business Journal for Healthiest Employer.

After building a professional relationship with the recruiters, phone interviews, and several interviews including one with an executive, I landed an internship with the Affiliate Network team. The Affiliate Network team is in charge of over 250,000 publishers. The team is responsible for providing our publishers with support and innovative ways to help them generate better income by ad optimization, create marketing strategies (such as newsletters, contests, and email marketing) to keep the publishers engaged, and most importantly keeping our publishers happy and satisfied with Chitika.

I trained for the first week, and then I was given projects to work on that allowed me to collaborate with other departments including our engineering and mobile team. I am currently working on a project, which I can’t disclose too much about, but has projected to benefit the company financially in a big way. It’s exciting to be able to use my classroom experience in the corporate world when I am working with real money and real problems.

My favorite part about this internship is the knowledge I am gaining, and the responsibility I am given. In Hayworth Fine Arts at HPU, it says “to whom much is given much is expected.” This quote fits perfect for this internship because Chitika is giving me a large amount of responsibility and difficult projects to help me gain great knowledge and experience, and in return, I am expected to complete these projects accurately, and in a timely manner.

Looking forward to sharing more information on the projects I am working on soon!

Stephen Lillie