StephenGoing into the Communications and Marketing field, I have quickly found out that there are certain software programs that are essential to your growth in this industry. As soon as I started interning at Chitika, I learned that HubSpot was the major program that is going to benefit me in my future career.

HubSpot is marketing software that brings all your marketing tools into one system that helps businesses generate leads and ultimately increase sales. My department uses HubSpot for email marketing and to help increase our contact database, which helps generate new leads and potential new publishers.

I am currently in the process of getting my HubSpot certification through their academy which consists on nine courses and an hour final exam. Not only am I learning the ins and outs of HubSpot, but everything I am learning in my courses, I get to apply with assignments I am given on a weekly basis. Becoming certified with HubSpot will open the door to networking with thousands throughout the world, and will help my resume stand out.

After doing my research on HubSpot, I found that HubSpot is having a conference in Boston called INBOUND, which is one of the world’s largest marketing conferences. I took the initiative, drafted a proposal to my boss, completed my first PO and I am now officially attending INBOUND 2013 in Boston at the end of August! INBOUND will have keynote speakers such as Seth Godin (who has spoken at HPU), Arianna Huffington (President and Editor-in-Chief, Huffington Post), Scott Harrison (CEO and Founder, Charity: Water), and many more influential business people in the marketing industry. The rest of my department will be at another conference in Pennsylvania, and I will be attending the conference with Chitika’s marketing team!

Attending this conference is not only exciting, but it’s a huge professional milestone. My department is sending me to this conference to represent our Affiliate Network team, so it’s my responsibility to represent our company, network, and bring in publishers to Chitika. This is just another reason why Chitika is so great!

Looking forward to sharing my stories about INBOUND 2013!

Stephen Lillie