8.7 nasm news nowThe Office of Communications also handled internal communications, and my supervisor, whose title is Writer/Editor, is in charge of the employee newsletter NASM News Now as well as the e-newsletter that goes out to our subscribers What’s Up.

Many people will probably call me crazy for saying/admitting this but I love editing. Grammar, sentence structure, content, I just love taking my red pen and marking up a paper. Before each issue of What’s Up and NASM News Now I edit the newsletter for my supervisor. I was also able to write an article for NASM News Now about the interns. The format was to choose five interns who had interesting stories and feature them. I had approximately 100 words to write about each intern and had to include the interesting tidbit I discovered about them as well as what department they work in, who their supervisor is and what their internship project is. And anyone who knows my writing style (long, as you can probably tell from these blogs) will believe that this was a bit of a challenge, but I managed to get each intern’s section down to the set number of words. I’m really pleased with how it turned out, and my supervisor was too. She told me multiple times how well-written, lively and energetic is was. It ran last week and it’s cool to think how many people at NASM read what I wrote.