DSC_3139Three hips for progress! I just got the proof of the upcoming issue, and I must say it looks fabulous! The new designer, Sarah, is doing a great job. I can’t wait to see it in print.

Also this week – The HPU Marketing Team paid me a visit! Nora, Chad and Darrell came to Enventys Thursday morning for an interview and some shots of my Inventors Digest experience. (The tour was free.) Although a bit awkward being behind camera and under lights for the first time, I have to say it was a really cool experience! I am excited to see the results… except for the footage of me walking down a hall and up a flight of stairs. Not so much.

This office is always so exciting! This week, the hit SHOWTIME series “Homeland” is filming in downtown Charlotte. Our front desk girl/ tour guide/ walking advertisement Kara took it upon herself to go downtown and invite the show’s producers to come look at the building as a possible filming site (she wears many hats.) Believe it or not, they actually took her up on it! Two producers from the show are currently touring the building with Kara, and possibly scoping out locations to film. Every company needs that go-getter that’s not afraid to put their self out there. After all, she is the sole reason that we are partnered with Hitachi and have all the latest gadgets all over the office. We’ll see if they decide to film here – you will know if you see 18,974,658 photos on the blog of me trying desperately to get a “selfie” with Clare Danes in the background.

I am sad to report that the frozen yogurt machine is back to tart, also known as sour cream. Blugh. Good thing the Coke Freestyle machine never runs out of vanilla root beer!