To add a business center or lab printer to a PC computer, follow the instructions below.
- Only using Internet Explorer, go to the Software tab located on blackboard to find the¬†appropriate¬†website
- Once you are at the appropriate website, find the printer that you want to print to
- Click it’s name on the left to view the printer’s status page
- On the left column, under the View heading, click the “Connect” link to install the printer into your computer
- You will be asked if you would like to add a printer connection, click “Yes” and the printer will proceed to install on your PC
- Installation may take a moment, please be patient
- You may receive a security prompt confirming if you trust the server’s driver. Affirm that you do and the installation will proceed
There is two ways to add a printer to a PC computer. Follow the alternative instructions below.
- Click the Windows Start menu and choose Devices and Printers.
- In the upper tool bar, click Add Printer.
- In the box that pops up, click “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” and click Next.
- Click “The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
- Check the box beside “Select a shared printer by name” and type in \\printerserver\ into the box. A drop down box will appear with all printers you can connect to. Find the printer you want to connect to and click on the printer name. The printers are listed by building abbreviation and room number.
- Click Next.
- Wait for the driver to install.
- The printer will install successfully and click Next.
- Optionally, set the printer as the default printer and click Finish.
- The printer will appear as an icon in the printer and driver list.