To download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, log into Blackboard and click on the ‚ÄúSoftware‚ÄĚ tab. Choose the Cisco AnyConnect VPN download link for Windows. Below are step by step instructions on how to download the client.
Note:¬†There are two methods of establishing a VPN connection to the High Point University Campus: Cisco AnyConnect, and PaloAlto GlobalProtect. Both methods provide the same features, you may choose which method you prefer. It is¬†advisable¬†to only have¬†one¬†VPN client installed, not both.
- ¬†When the client is done downloading, the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Setup Wizard will appear
- Accept to the End-User License Agreement and click “Next”
- Click “Install” and wait for the program to download
- Click “Finish” and open up the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Enter in vpn.highpoint.edu into the “Connect to” box and click “Select”
- Type in your HPU username and password and click “Connect”
- Once you are connected, you can connect to your HPU O Drive. Please click HERE¬†to find instructions on how to map your O drive.¬†
- Note: Do not use both AnyConnect and GlobalProtect at the same time
- Note: The VPN client is only necessary when you are off campus. VPN will not connect while you are on campus and connected to the wireless internet, “HPU_guest.”