To download the GlobalProtect VPN client, log into Blackboard and click on the ‚ÄúSoftware‚ÄĚ tab. Choose the GlobalProtect VPN download link for Mac. Below are step by step instructions on how to download the client.
- If you’re using Safari, Firefox, or Google Chrome, you can begin the install by double clicking GlobalProtect.pkg in your downloads folder. The installer will open. Click “Continue”
- Make sure the GlobalProtect check box is checked and click “Continue”
- On the next window, click install. You will be asked to authenticate. Enter your personal computer username and password used to log onto your computer. After a few moments, the installer will complete. When it does, click “Finish” and then Close.
The GlobalProtect VPN program will automatically appear on your screen. In the username and password fields, enter your HPU username and password. In the Portal field, enter¬†connect.highpoint.edu.
Note: the GlobalProtect VPN does not have a dock icon, however, there is an icon in the upper toolbar, beside the volume icon.
- Click “Apply” and you should now be connected
- You can now connect to your HPU O drive. Please click HERE to find instructions on how to map your O drive.
- Note:¬†Do not use both AnyConnect and GlobalProtect at the same time
- Note:¬†The VPN client is only necessary when you are¬†off¬†campus. VPN will¬†not¬†connect while you are on campus and connected to the wireless internet, ‚ÄúHPU_guest.‚ÄĚ