To download the GlobalProtect VPN client, log into Blackboard and click on the ‚ÄúSoftware‚ÄĚ tab. Choose the GlobalProtect VPN download link for Windows. Below are step by step instructions on how to download the client.
Note:¬†There are two methods of establishing a VPN connection to the High Point University Campus: Cisco AnyConnect, and PaloAlto GlobalProtect. Both methods provide the same features, you may choose which method you prefer. It is¬†advisable¬†to only have¬†one¬†VPN client installed, not both.
- There are two¬†version of GlobalProtect VPN for Windows 7, 32 bit and 64 bit.¬†To determine which version of windows your computer is running, right click¬†My Computer, and select¬†Properties. On this dialog, the¬†System Type¬†describes what version of windows 7 that is installed on your computer.¬†
- Download the appropriate installer for your system above, and choose “Run” when the dialog below appears
- When the setup program open, choose “Next”
- Allow the program to install to the default directory and click “Next”
- Click “Next”
- After installation is complete, you will see this dialog. Take note that you may need to run Windows Update to ensure the .NET Framework is up to date¬†
- The GlobalProtect program will automatically open and present the settings dialog to you. Fill out your university username and password as shown below, and enter connect.highpoint.edu in the portal box.
- Press “Apply” and close the dialog
- Your VPN Client is now set up. There will now be a GlobalProtect icon on your desktop. The application should automatically start up with your computer and automatically connect to campus.
- You can now connect to your HPU O drive. Please click HERE to find instructions on how to map your O drive.
- Note:¬†Do not use both AnyConnect and GlobalProtect at the same time
- Note:¬†The VPN client is only necessary when you are¬†off¬†campus. VPN will¬†not¬†connect while you are on campus and connected to the wireless internet, ‚ÄúHPU_guest.‚ÄĚ