Library Circulation Policies
Overdue Materials & Fines
• Patrons’ borrowing privileges are suspended for fees of $15.00 or more. This includes items checked out from the Slane Concierge Desk and the IT Helpdesk.
• Overdue fines are not charged for late books, CDs, and DVDs.
• Fines are charged for late laptops, netbooks, MacBooks, chargers, and Media equipment. The fee is $5.00 per day.
• Overdue materials and fine notices are generally sent out by email. Smith Library sends these out as a courtesy, but the patron is responsible for knowing when his or her library materials are due back.
• Once a book is overdue for 30 days, then a replacement cost is billed to the patron. This cost is generally $50.00 per book.
• DVD replacement costs are billed after 7 days late. These costs vary.
• Replacement costs for calculators, headphones, flip video cameras, laptops, MacBooks, and netbooks vary.
• Replacement costs for items that have not been returned are sent out by email. Smith Library sends these out as a courtesy, but the patron is responsible for knowing when his or her library materials are due back.
• Replacement costs will be credited to the student’s account upon the return of lost books and DVDs unless these items have been replaced by the library, then there will be no refund.
• Any library materials not returned will be billed to the student’s account at the mid-semester break and at the end of the semester. A $5.00 processing will be charged for any items sent to Student Accounts.
• If you have questions regarding your library record, please call (336) 841-9102 or email email@example.com