1. Complete the Academic Accommodation Intake Form (Click “Registering for Academic Accommodations.”) – Please state requested accommodations and provide summary of previous accommodations. This form authorizes the Accessibility Services Specialist to release disability-related information to campus officials as necessary. PLEASE NOTE- when applying for accommodations you will be asked for your HPU email and password to access the site.
2. Provide appropriate documentation. Click here for documentation for Academic Accommodation Documentation Criteria. Diagnostic documentation must be relevant to the diagnosed disability and could include:
3. The Office of Accessibility Resources and Services Accommodations Committee reviews each request to determine approval for appropriate accommodations.
4. Each semester students must request their accommodation letter and provide their professors with notification of approved accommodations.
5. Accommodations are implemented in coordination with The Office of Accessibility Resources and Services staff & classroom professors.
Has it been a few weeks and you feel like your accommodations need to have some adjustments? No problem! Schedule a meeting with a member of our OARS team and we are happy to sit down and discuss any changes that need to be made!
*For further assistance with testing accommodations, contact us at (336) 841-9441, ADAtesting@highpoint.edu
Textbooks in Alternate Format Procedures
You must purchase textbooks before requesting alternative formats.
You must work with an Accessibility Services Specialist to determine the best alternative format for your needs.
Textbook information for each class may be accessed through the bookstore link on the HPU web page. To receive an alternate format you must submit the Alternative Textbook Request form which can be downloaded here. You must complete all sections on the form.