1. Complete the OARS COMPASS Registration. Please state requested accommodations and provide a summary of previous accommodations. This form also authorizes the OARS Staff to release disability-related information to campus officials as necessary. PLEASE NOTE: when applying for accommodations you will be asked for your HPU email and password to access the site.
2. Provide appropriate documentation. Click HERE for the Academic Accommodation Documentation Criteria. Diagnostic documentation must be relevant to the diagnosed disability and may include:
3. OARS Accessibility Support Specialists review each request to determine eligibility for appropriate accommodations and notify students via their HPU email.
– Note –
Has it been a few weeks and you feel like your accommodations need some adjustments? No problem! Schedule a meeting with a member of our OARS team and we are happy to sit down and discuss any changes that need to be made.
1. Students approved for testing accommodations are expected to discuss testing accommodations with their faculty in a timely manner.
2. To schedule tests with The Office of Accessibility Resources and Services (OARS), please visit your COMPASS Portal. You will sign into your portal with your HPU username and password.
3. Schedule an exam by clicking “Alternative Testing” under “My Accommodations” in your OARS COMPASS Portal.
4. Students choosing to take their test through OARS are required to schedule exams and quizzes at least 3 business days prior to the test day. Students are required to schedule midterms and finals at least 6 business days prior to the test day.
*For further assistance with testing accommodations, contact us at (336) 841-9612 or ADAtesting@highpoint.edu.
You must purchase textbooks before requesting alternative formats.
You must work with an Accessibility Services Specialist to determine the best alternative format for your needs.
Textbook information for each class may be accessed through the HPU bookstore web page.
Please visit your COMPASS Portal to request an alternative format and upload your textbook receipt. You will sign into your portal with your HPU username and password.