TO REQUEST ACADEMIC ACCOMMODATIONS
1. Complete the Academic Accommodation Intake Form – Please state requested accommodations and provide summary of previous accommodations. This form authorizes the Accessibility Services Specialist to release disability-related information to campus officials as necessary. PLEASE NOTE- when applying for accommodations you will be asked for your HPU email and password to access the site.
2. Provide appropriate documentation. Diagnostic documentation must be relevant to the diagnosed disability and could include:
- Psychological/Educational Evaluation that might include tests of aptitude, achievement, and information processing (WAIS and Woodcock Johnson)
- Assessments from clinical or educational psychologists, school psychologists, neuropsychologists, learning disabilities specialists, and medical doctors.
3. Accessibility Services Accommodations Committee reviews each request to determine approval for appropriate accommodations.
4. Each semester students provide their professors with notification of approved accommodations.
5. Accommodations are implemented in coordination with Accessibility Services staff & classroom professors.
Has it been a few weeks and you feel like your accommodations need to have some adjustments? No problem! Schedule a meeting with a member of our OARS team and we are happy to sit down and discuss any changes that need to be made!
- Students approved for testing accommodations are encouraged to be proctored by the professor, but may choose, with the agreement of the faculty member, to be proctored in a testing room by Accessibility Services. Students are expected to discuss testing accommodations with their faculty in a timely manner.
- To schedule tests with Accessibility Services, please fill out the following form: Testing Accommodation Request. PLEASE NOTE- when applying for accommodations you will be asked for your HPU email and password to access the site.
- Students choosing to take their test through Accessibility Services should schedule tests at least 3 business days prior to the test day.
*For further assistance with testing accommodations, contact Anna Strejc (336) 841-9441, email@example.com
Textbooks in Alternate Format Procedures
- Textbook information for each class may be accessed through the bookstore link on the HPU web page. You may submit a copy of the textbook information or complete the following form when requesting textbooks in an alternate format. Please complete all sections on the form.
- Check with your Accessibility Services Specialist regarding the best alternative format for your needs.
- You must purchase your textbooks before you receive the alternative file.