TO REQUEST ACADEMIC ACCOMMODATIONS
- Complete Academic Accommodations Intake Form – Please state requested accommodations and provide summary of previous accommodations. This form authorizes the Accessibility Services Specialist to release disability-related information to campus officials as necessary.
- Provide appropriate documentation. Diagnostic documentation must be relevant to the diagnosed disability and could include:
- Psychological/Educational Evaluation that might include tests of aptitude, achievement, and information processing (WAIS and Woodcock Johnson)
- Assessments from clinical or educational psychologists, school psychologists, neuropsychologists, learning disabilities specialists, and medical doctors.
** This documentation can be submitted HERE**
- Accessibility Services Accommodations Committee reviews each request to determine approval for appropriate accommodations.
- Each semester students provide their professors with notification of approved accommodations.
- Accommodations are implemented in coordination with Accessibility Services staff & classroom professors.
Has it been a few weeks and you feel like your accommodations need to have some adjustments? No problem! Schedule a meeting with a member of our OARS team and we are happy to sit down and discuss any changes that need to be made!
TO REQUEST HOUSING ACCOMMODATIONS
Each situation is reviewed, case-by-case, based on disability documentation provided to the Office of Accessibility Services. Requests and documentation must be received no later than February 1st for continuing students and April 1st for incoming students each year.
To Request Housing Accommodations:
1. Complete the Housing Accommodation Request form.
2. Submit a completed Request for Medical Documentation – Housing form signed by a qualified medical professional.
3. Interview with Accessibility Services Specialist (phone interviews available over the summer months).
PLEASE NOTE- when applying for accommodations you will be asked for your HPU email and password to access the site.