Office of International Student Services

Working in the US

Students who are studying on an F1 Visa are allowed to work on campus only, up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and up to 40 hours per week over summer break.

High Point University offers many job opportunities on campus, and the process of applying for a position is described in this document:

SEP Job Search

Download the document by clicking here:

SEP Job Search

In order to work, students must obtain a Social Security Number.  See the link to the left for information on how to obtain a SSN.


The High Point Admissions Office is Located in Wrenn Hall.

Tours are available 7 days a week. Please contact us to schedule your visit.

(800) 345-6993
(336) 841-9216
(336) 888-6382 (fax)

International Students at HPU

HPU: An International Perspective

International Perspective of HPU