The High Point University Parents Council is open to all parents who are interested in supporting High Point University’s mission to deliver educational experiences that enlighten, challenge and prepare students to lead lives of significance in complex global communities through a variety of volunteer opportunities that assist in enhancing the student and parent experience. The Parents Council meets twice each academic year during Family Weekend and may conduct committee meetings remotely throughout the academic year.
Parents Council members are asked to:
- Attend HPU related events and meetings during HPU’s semi-annual Family Weekends. The first Parents Council meeting will be held Saturday morning, September 27. You will receive additional information about these events upon your acceptance of our invitation to join the Parents Council.
- Host or attend HPU-related events in your community.
- Become actively involved in the life of the University and serve as an ambassador by fostering relationships with other current and prospective HPU parents.
- Engage parents as resources in career programming, mentoring and internship and job placement.
- Make an annual leadership gift of $1,924 or more to the HPU Fund for Extraordinary Education. This Fund enhances the student campus experience including student life, career services, study abroad, facilities, merit scholarships, technology, cultural events, and community engagement. Please complete the enclosed pledge form.
Interested in joining the Parents Council? Fill out the form below.