The High Point University Parents Council is open to all parents who are interested in supporting High Point University’s mission to deliver educational experiences that enlighten, challenge and prepare students to lead lives of significance in complex global communities through a variety of volunteer opportunities that assist in enhancing the student and parent experience. The Parents Council meets twice each academic year during Family Weekend and may conduct committee meetings remotely throughout the academic year.
Parents Council members are asked to:
- Make a $1,000 contribution to the HPU Fund for Extraordinary Education each academic year, gifts of $1,000 or more qualify for membership in the President’s Circle
- Participate on the HPU Parent Facebook and other social media pages with comments, suggestions, answer inquiries from other parents and share interesting posts to help spread the word about HPU’s academic programs, student experiences and the HPU community
- Attend Family Weekend and participate in Parents Council events, including bi- annual (Fall and Spring) committee meetings
- Participate as a member of one Parents Council Committee: Parents Council Chair, Student Experience, Student Recruitment, Career Services, and Resource Development
- Attend regional HPU events when available including sporting events, career services related events, receptions for admitted students and/or Welcome to High Point University receptions for enrolled freshmen during the summer preceding move-in
Interested in joining the Parents Council? Fill out the form below.