Jeffrey Taylor PT, PhD, DPT, SCS, CSCS earned a BA in Biological Sciences in 2002 from the University of Delaware, a DPT in 2005 from Duke University and a PhD in Kinesiology with a concentration in Applied Neuromechanics from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 2016. Prior to arriving at HPU in 2012, Dr. Taylor practiced clinically in general and sports medicine outpatient clinics in upstate New York and northeast Pennsylvania for 8 years. Dr. Taylor serves as the Director of Curriculum and Outcomes in the Department of Physical Therapy and serves as the course director for the Movement Science curriculum. His research interests include the prevention and rehabilitation of lower extremity athletic injuries and monitoring internal and external load in athletes during competition and rehabilitation. He has published in many impactful sports medicine journals, presented nationally and internationally on lower extremity injury prevention and athletic footwear, and has mentored a number of undergraduate and graduate research students that have gone on to present their findings at the American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting and the American Physical Therapy Combined Sections Meeting.
- Taylor JB, Ford KR, Nguyen AD, Shultz SJ. Biomechanical comparison of single- and double-leg jump landings in the sagittal and frontal plane. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, 2016 Jun 28;4(6):2325967116655158. doi: 10.1177/2325967116655158.
- Ford KR, Taylor JB, Baellow AL, Arpante AE, Wright KE, Nguyen AD. Effects of plate stiffness on first metatarsophalyngeal joint motion during unanticipated cutting and resisted sled pushing in football players. Footwear Science. 8(2):75-82, 2016. doi: 1080/19424280.2016.1175518.
- Wright AA, Taylor JB, Ford KR, Siska L, Smoliga JM. Risk factors associated with lower extremity stress fractures in runners: A systematic review with meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 49(23):1517-1523, 2015. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2015-094828.
- Ford KR, Nguyen AD, Dischiavi SL, Hegedus EJ, Zuk EF, Taylor JB. An evidence-based review of hip focused exercise interventions to address dynamic lower extremity valgus. Open Access Journal of Sports Medicine, 2015 Aug 25;6:291-303. doi: 10.2147/OAJSM.S72432.
- Taylor JB, Ford KR, Nguyen AD, Terry LN, Hegedus EJ. Prevention of lower extremity injuries in basketball: a systematic review and meta-analyses. Sports Health. 7(5):392-8, 2015. doi: 10.1177/1941738115593441.
- Taylor JB, Wang HM, Schmitz RJ, Rhea CK, Ross SE, Shultz SJ. The influence of multi-planar knee laxity on perceived function during activities of daily living and sport. Journal of Athletic Training. 50(11) 1199-1206, 2015. doi: 10.4085/1062-6050-50.11.10
- Taylor JB, Wright AA, Smoliga JM, Depew JT, Hegedus EJ. Upper extremity physical performance tests in collegiate athletes. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation. 25(2) 146-154, 2015. doi: 10.1123/jsr.2014-0296
- Taylor JB, Waxman JP, Richter SJ, Shultz SJ. Evaluation of the effectiveness of anterior cruciate ligament injury prevention training components: A systematic review and meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 49(1) 79-87, 2015. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2013-092358.
- Tarara, DT, Hegedus EJ, Taylor JB. Real-time test-retest and interrater reliability of select physical performance measures in physically active college-aged students. International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy. 9(7) 874-887, 2014.
- Taylor JB, Goode AP, George SZ, Cook CE. Incidence and risk factors for first-time incident low back pain: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Spine Journal. 14(10) 2299-2319, 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.spinee.2014.01.026.