visit to HPU
Physical performance tests predict injury in National Collegiate Athletic Association athletes: a three-season prospective cohort study
Hegedus EJ, et al. Br J Sports Med 2016;0:1–6. doi:10.1136/bjsports-2015-094885
Faculty Research Compendium:
- Wright AA, Dischiavi SL, Smoliga JM, Taylor JB, Hegedus EJ. Ability of the Lower Quarter Y-Balance Test to predict lower extremity injury in Division 1 athletes. Physiotherapy [Epub ahead of print]
- Farina KA, Wright AA, Ford KR, Wirfel LA, Smoliga JM. Physiological and biomechanical responses to running on lower body positive pressure treadmills in healthy populations. Sports Medicine, 2016 Jul 5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hewett TE, Ford KR, Xu YY, Khoury J, Myer GD. Utilization of ACL injury biomechanical and neuromuscular risk profile analysis to determine the effectiveness of neuromuscular training. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2016 Jul 29. pii: 0363546516656373.
- Schneider DK, Gokeler A, Otten B, Ford KR, Hewett TE, Divine J, Colosimo AJ, Heidt MS, Myer GD. A novel mass-spring-damper model analysis to identify landing deficits in athletes returning to sport after ACL reconstruction. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.. 2016 Jul 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- Smoliga JM, Mohseni ZS, Berwager JD, Hegedus EJ. Common causes of dyspnea in athletes: A practical approach for diagnosis and management. Breathe. 2016 Jun;12(2):e22-37. doi: 10.1183/20734735.006416.
- Mohaved A, Ostovar A, Thandapilly SJ, Raj P, Louis XL, Smoliga JM, Netticadan T. The efficacy of resveratrol in controlling hypertension: study protocol for a randomized, crossover, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial. Trials. 2016 Jun 23;17(1):296. doi: 10.1186/s13063-016-1426-x.
- Taylor JB, Ford KR, Nguyen AD, Shultz SJ. Biomechanical comparison of single- and double-leg jump landings in the sagittal and frontal plane. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, 2016 Jun 28;4(6):2325967116655158. doi: 10.1177/2325967116655158.
- Woessner M, Smoliga JM, Tarzia B, Stabler T, Van Bruggen M, Allen JD. A stepwise reduction in plasma and salivary nitrite with increasing strengths of mouthwash following a dietary nitrate load. Nitric Oxide. 2016 Apr 1;54:1-7. doi: 10.1016/j.niox.2016.01.002.
- Peterson DC, Mlynarczyk GS. Analysis of traditional versus three-dimensional augmented curriculum on anatomical learning outcome measures. Anat Sci Educ. 2016 Apr 14. doi: 10.1002/ase.1612.
- Ford KR, Taylor JB, Baellow AL, Arpante AE, Wright KE, Nguyen AD. Effects of plate stiffness on first metatarsophalyngeal joint motion during unanticipated cutting and resisted sled pushing in football players. Footwear Science. 8(2):75-82, 2016. doi: 10.1080/19424280.2016.1175518.
- Wright AA, Stern B, Hegedus EJ, Tarara DT, Taylor JB, Dischiavi SL. Potential limitations of the Functional Movement Screen- A clinical commentary. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2016 Mar 31. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2015-095796.
- Vidt ME, Santago AC 2nd, Marsh AP, Hegedus EJ, Tuohy CJ, Poehling GG, Freehill MT, Miller ME, Saul KR. The effects of a rotator cuff tear on activities of daily living in older adults: A kinematic analysis. Journal of Biomechanics. 2016 Feb 29;49(4):611-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2016.01.029.
- Wright AA, Hegedus EJ, Lenchik, Kuhn JK, Santiago L, Smoliga JM. Diagnostic accuracy of various imaging modalities for suspected lower extremity stress fractures: A systematic review with evidence-based recommendations for clinical practice. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2016 Jan;44(1):255-63. doi: 10.1177/0363546515574066.
- Smoliga JM, Weiss P, Rundell KW. Exercise induced bronchoconstriction in adults: evidence based diagnosis and management. British Medical Journal. 2016 Jan 13;352:h6951. doi: 10.1136/bmj.h6951.
- Hegedus EJ. Thessaly test is no more accurate than standard clinical tests for meniscal tears. Evidence Based Medicine. 2016 Feb;21(1):39. doi: 10.1136/ebmed-2015-110295.
- Hegedus EJ, McDonough S, Bleakley C, Baxter GD, DePew JT, Bradbury I, Cook C. Physical performance tests predict injury in National Collegiate Athletic Association athletes: a three-season prospective cohort study. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2016 Jan 8. pii: bjsports-2015-094885. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2015-094885.
- Wright AA, Hegedus EJ, Taylor JB, Dischiavi SL, Stubbs AJ. Non-operative management of femoracetabular impingement: A prospective, randomized controlled pilot study. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. 2016 Jan 6. doi: 10.1016/j.jsams.2015.11.008.
- Vidt ME, Santago AC 2nd, Tuohy CJ, Poehling GG, Freehill MT, Kraft RA, Marsh AP, Hegedus EJ, Miller ME, Saul KR. Assessments of fatty infiltration and muscle atrophy from a single magnetic resonance image slice are not predictive of 3-dimensional measurements. Arthroscopy. 2016 Jan;32(1):128-39. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2015.06.035.
- Eric Hegedus presented “Lower Extremity Rehabilitation” at the National Training Center in Beijing, China at the invitation of the Chinese Olympic Committee
- Dr Eric J Hegedus and Dr Alexis Wright along with Dr Chad Cook from Duke University used a flipped classroom format to present Orthopedic examination and Intervention at the Benchmark Physical Therapy Orthopedic Residency in Atlanta, GA
- Drs Kevin Ford, James Smoliga, and Jeff Taylor and their undergraduate research advisees presented at the American College of Sports Medicine meeting
- Dr. Mark Teaford invited to present at the American Association of Physical Anthropologists, Calgary, Alberta
- Dr. Mark Teaford invited to present at the International Workshop on “Abrasion and Attrtition: Traces of Mastication in Fossil Mammals,” Bonn, Germany
- Dr. Mark Teaford invited to lecture at the Anthropological Institute, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Dr. Mark Teaford invited to lecture at the Senckenberg Center for Human Evolution and Paleoecology, Paläoanthropologie
- Dr. Mark Teaford spoke at the Carolina Osetology Interest Group, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC
- Dr. Alexis Wright presented to the FDA in Washington, DC– Dr Wright was a featured expert in minimally clinical important difference (MCID), especially as this statistic pertains to outcomes at the hip.
- Dr. Kevin Ford presented at the Distance Summit at HPU
- Dr. Hegedus and Dr. Wright presented at CSM in San Diego, CA– Drs Hegedus and Wright will present on diagnosis of shoulder pathology at the Combined Sections Meeting (CSM), the largest annual gathering of physical therapists in the nation.