visit to HPU
Ways to enhance your law school application:
- Problem Solving, Critical Reading, Writing and Editing, Oral Communication and Listening
- Engage meaningfully with general education coursework
- Choose a major that interests you. Any major is fine, but pre-law students should seek to enhance and challenge themselves with respect to the skills and qualities above.
- Explore campus research opportunities through Undergraduate Research and Creative Works (URCW)
- Be a Research Rookie
- Work with a professor on a research project as a Research Assistant
- Conduct research, as part of your major or as part of Summer Research Program in the Sciences (SuRPS) or Summer Research Institute (SuRI)
- Present your research at a conference with a presentation or poster (e.g., at HPU Research and Creativity Symposium (High-PURCS))
- Publish your research (e.g., HPU Journal – Innovations).
- Organization and Management, Relationship-building and Collaboration
- Get involved with a campus club or activity. Some possibilities include:
- Work your way to a position of responsibility and leadership
- Public Service and Promotion of Justice
- Explore opportunities through Service Learning (including service learning courses)
- Explore other community service opportunities (e.g., Alpha Phi Omega, the Civitan Club, etc.)
- Explore opportunities for service through the Office of Chapel & Religious Life (e.g., alternative Spring Break, Interfaith United, etc.)
- Background Knowledge, Exposure to the Law
- Consider a minor or elective coursework that is legally themed
- Join the Mock Trial team (CRJ 2900)
- Do a legally related internship (e.g., District Attorney’s office, Family Law practice, etc.)
- Consider a summer opportunity related to exploring law and law school.