Research Administration and Sponsored Programs Routing Procedures
Proposals submitted by the High Point University faculty carry the University’s commitment to fulfilling the project if awarded. This institutional commitment requires that proposals are properly reviewed and approved to ensure that they conform to High Point University policies and procedures. All federal proposals including new, renewal, and supplemental proposals and subsequent revised versions, must be routed through Cayuse 424 for review. Non-federal proposals may be routed through email. Routing procedures will depend on the need to review a proposal for compliance concerns, such as the Institutional Review Board and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. However, all proposals will be reviewed by Department Chairs, Deans, and the Director of Research Administration and Sponsored Programs (RASP). The RASP Director is the HPU Authorized Organization Representative (AOR). All proposals must have the AOR’s approval to be binding upon HPU. Please ensure that proposals arrive at the Office of Research Administration and Sponsored Programs five business days before the sponsor’s deadline date to ensure proper review and transmission. Each level of review will be responsible for determining:
- Does the proposed project fit with the department mission?
- Is the faculty member able to complete this project at the level of defined effort given his or her other High Point University obligations?
- Are there sufficient resources to carry out the proposal? This review includes resources currently available at High Point University and any equipment or materials and supplies purchased during the project.
- Does this proposal need review by High Point University’s compliance committees?
- Is any proposed cost share acceptable and are these funds available during the proposed period of performance?
- Does this proposed project fit with the College/School’s missions?
- Are the cost sharing commitments made by the Department appropriate and acceptable?
- Does the budget fully reflect the costs necessary to successfully perform on the project?
Research Compliance Committees (as necessary):
- Institutional Review Board
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Biosafety Committee
Office of Research Administration and Sponsored Programs:
- Have all non-compliance committee issues been addressed (i.e. export control, etc.)
- Is the budget complete and accurate?
- Have all institutional approvals been received?
Proposal Processing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP):
Do you have questions? Email RASP at email@example.com or call 841-9313 for assistance.