Has your original diploma been lost or destroyed, or do you need a duplicate diploma issued for employment purposes? A duplicate diploma may be ordered from the Office of the University Registrar, subject to the stipulations noted below.
- The diploma must be requested by the graduate and must include the individual’s signature. A copy of the individual’s photo ID must accompany the request.
- The diploma will be issued using the student’s full, legal name at the time of graduation. If you are requesting a replacement diploma due to a name change, you must submit appropriate legal documentation in order to process this request. Acceptable documentation includes a certified copy of a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court petition for a legal name change.
- The diploma will be issued in the format currently used by the University and will bear the signatures of the current administration. The diploma will include the student’s degree, major(s), and honors (if applicable). The undergraduate diploma measures 11 x 8.5, graduate, 14 x 11.
- Diplomas are typically ordered within 48 hours of receipt of request with a turnaround time of approximately 20 business days.
- The diploma will be shipped in a cardboard mailer via US Postal Service and includes tracking information. Be sure to include delivery information on the request form.
- The charge for a replacement diploma is $25, $15 for the presentation cover. High Point University accepts payment by check, money order, and credit or debit card. Contact the Student Accounts Office, 336-841-9089, to pay by credit/debit card. A 2.75% transaction fee applies to all card transactions.
- Graduates must report any errors on their original diploma within 30 days of receipt of the diploma. The original diploma should be returned for replacement at no cost. If errors are not reported within this timeframe, the standard replacement fee will apply.
- Return your request form, along with payment to High Point University, to Ann M. Miller, Senior Associate University Registrar; High Point University; 1 University Parkway; High Point, NC 27268, or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.