The Office of Research and Planning is equipped to provide guidance and material support to all academic and administrative offices involved in assessment activities. We deliver most assessments with the Qualtrics online survey tool, a robust and flexible platform that can be customized to meet almost any assessment need. By working with the trained professionals in the Office of Research and Planning, faculty and staff can design, test, and administer their assessments at scheduled points throughout the year. Services we provide include:
- Assisting with the conceptualization of an assessment project;
- Providing guidance on writing effective prompts and assessment items;
- Designing domain-specific assessments, including sampling strategies, item-order considerations, and implementation timelines;
- Providing training or assistance on research design and statistical analysis;
- Assisting with formatting summary or annual reports.
Examples of assessment instruments developed by or in collaboration with the Office of Research and Planning can be found below.
Faculty, staff, or students who are interested in conducting an assessment here on campus should contact the Office of Research and Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.841.9420.