Safety and security is a top priority at High Point University, and the HPU Security team is proud to be recognized for the department’s accomplishments and honors.
Some of the department’s honors and awards include:
- Security Director profiled by SECURITY magazine, highlighting the growth and administrative support of the Security Department.
- Security Director named as finalist for Security Director of the Year by Campus Safety Magazine.
- Ranked in the top 20 in the nation in the Education category out of 500 security programs in the country by SECURITY magazine. The Security department has been ranked nationally for four consecutive years.
- Ranked in the top 25 safest campuses by the National Campus Safety Summit.
- Security Department profiled in Security Magazine article outlining the department’s leadership in the field of security.
- Presented with the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators’ (IACLEA) award for Administrative Excellence.
- Security Director presented with the North Carolina Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (NCACLEA) Commit to Excellence award.
- Security Director presented with the Private Officer International Meritorious Award in recognition for the department’s commitment to campus safety and security.
- Members of the Security team shared the department’s experience with implementing and managing body-worn cameras at the North Carolina Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (NCACLEA) conference.
- Members of the Security team were selected to present at the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) conference in Anaheim, CA.