Emergencies can take place with little to no warning, and may result in significant damages, injuries, and costs. The Office of Emergency Preparedness & Safety strives to ensure that High Point University is prepared, equipped and ready to handle any type of emergency or disaster.
Additionally, the Office of Emergency Preparedness & Safety oversees the campus fire and life-safety program in addition to the emergency mass notification program.
Recent initiatives and accomplishments include:
- Upgrading the fire alarm systems at Belk Hall and Finch Hall.
- Installing AEDs throughout campus.
- Participating in emergency exercises and drills.
- Streamlining the life-safety inspection process.
- Facilitating hands-on fire extinguisher and other safety training.