Emergencies can take place with little to no warning, and may result in significant damages, injuries, and costs. The Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) strives to ensure that High Point University is prepared, equipped and ready to handle any type of emergency or disaster.
In addition to campus emergency management, EHS works with university leadership to ensure all departments and individuals adhere to local, state and federal safety guidelines and regulations.
Recent initiatives and accomplishments include:
- Providing a series of Active Shooter / Preparedness training sessions in the lead-up to a campus-wide “Protect-in-Place” drill.
- Installing AEDs throughout campus.
- Participating in emergency exercises and drills.
- Streamlining the life-safety inspection process.
- Facilitating hands-on fire extinguisher and other safety training.