2018-2019 Class President/Representative Information & Application
For a detailed description of the class officer position, please follow the link below.
Except for new students, i.e. freshmen and transfer students, candidates for class offices within the Student Government Association must:
- Have a grade point average of 2.7 or higher at the time of election.
Candidates are required to be in good disciplinary standing with the University. Having a disciplinary history with the University or department does not eliminate a candidate from consideration, but the nature of the incident(s) may have bearing. Candidates for the position cannot be on disciplinary probation.
For additional information see the Election Guidelines.
Freshman Class Elections
Friday, August 23rd, 2019
• Online Application Form uploaded to SGA Website and
HPU Connect (must fill-out in order to run)
• Orientation / Interest Meeting @5pm (*Location TBD)
Tuesday, August 27th, 2019
• Online Applications are due by 5pm
• Late Applications not accepted
Wednesday, August 28th, 2019
• Mandatory Campaigning meeting for all candidates held
at 7:30pm (*Location TBD)
• Campaigning begins immediately after the meeting
Sunday, September 1st, 2019
• All campaigning ends at 11:59pm
• No campaign material may be posted or given out after
Monday, September 2nd, 2019
• Voting will begin at 12:00am
Wednesday, September 4th, 2019
• Voting will end at 11:59pm
Results will be announced Thursday,
September 5th, 2019 by 1pm
Selection Process Timeline
April 4: Interest Meeting. Interest Meeting. The Interest Meeting will be held 7pm-9pm in Phillips 216.
April 9: Application. Completed application due via the form below by 5pm.
April 10: Candidate Campaign Meeting. A required Candidate Campaign meeting will be held at 5pm-7pm in Phillips 216. Election guidelines will be covered and campaigning will officially begin at the conclusion of the meeting.
April 10 – April 14: Campaigning. The period begins on April 10 after the Candidate Campaign meeting and ends on April 14 at 11:59PM.
April 15 – April 17: Voting. Voting will take place on HPU Connect. Polls will open at 12:01 AM on April 15 and will close at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, April 17.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.