1. HPU provides a unique learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, into every aspect of our student’s lives. We ask that you encourage your student to seek help on their own, as this teaches them independence with personal health related issues. For any medical concerns they should call the HPU Student Health Services by Cornerstone Health Care at (336) 841-4683.
2. Any student over the age of 18 is singularly responsible for their health care decisions and in control of any related medical records. The only exception is if a medical provider deems the situation a medical emergency. Student Health Providers will actively encourage students to communicate with their parents or other home medical providers. However, HPU providers cannot discuss health related information with anyone without a signed HIPAA consent by the student. The HIPAA form is available under the forms section of this website.
3. Student Health Services is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm during fall and spring semesters. It is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 12:00 noon during summer sessions. Appointments are not necessary as we currently are a walk in clinic.
4. Flu shots are available at Student Health. Students will receive emails with information regarding flu shot clinics, but they can also come to clinic without an appointment.
5. North Carolina State law requires documentation of immunizations for students attending a North Carolina college or university. Forms outlining the requirements are located in the student’s MyStuff account, or a copy can be found under the forms section of this page. Please review these forms — as failure to comply with the state law can result in a student’s removal from campus.
6. Our Student Health Clinic has a small dispensing pharmacy on site for the convenience of our students. This pharmacy is under the direction of Archdale Drug, a local retail pharmacy. Only prescriptions written by the HPU Student Health providers can be filled from this pharmacy, we cannot fill prescriptions by outside providers. The prescriptions will be charged by Archdale Drug. If you submit accurate health insurance information to Student Health Services, we will forward this for billing purposes to Archdale Drug. For any Archdale Drug prescription related questions, please call them directly at (336) 434-2776.
7. Student Health has an on-site laboratory in which we do most routine lab tests and draw blood. We do not have an x-ray facility on campus.
8. Currently we do not charge for an office visit to see a medical provider. There are modest charges for any on-site laboratory testing, most vaccinations, and medical supplies. These charges can be found on the Student Account, and are the responsibility of the student. However, as we realize that many of these items often will be covered by your private health insurance, we do send out a Statement of Services form letter to the student’s home address that has the information required by most Insurers. Upon receiving this Statement of Services, you can forward it on to your health insurance asking them for reimbursement of the health related charges.
9. High Point University students are required to have adequate health insurance that provides coverage in the High Point area. Students that do not have adequate coverage are required to purchase the High Point University Insurance Plan. To submit a Health Insurance Waiver click here.
10. It is very important to keep accurate insurance information on file for your student at Student Health. We do not bill insurance, but we will provide this to any outside medical facility (lab, x- ray, etc..) if necessary so those services can be billed directly to your health insurance. Please send a copy of the insurance card (front and back) along with the student’s name and date of birth, and the subscriber’s full name and date of birth. This information can be sent to:
Phone (336) 841-4683
Fax: (336) 841-4693
11. HPU Student Health Services can perform allergy injections for those students under an allergist’s care.
12. As we understand that medications prescribed for ADHD and ADD can be difficult to obtain for some students, we have a refill policy. Please see the ADHD/ADD Medication Refills page for further information.