“While I was studying abroad in Seville, Spain, I was able to explore all that Spain had to offer. I lived with a host family and took all of my classes in Spanish. Adventure is definitely worth it!” ~ Ariel Gariepy, HPU Study Abroad Alumna
In today’s global society, an international experience has become an essential component of higher education.
Studying abroad enriches students’ academic, personal and professional journey. The benefits of studying abroad are many. By studying abroad, students:
- study at an often prestigious university abroad.
- hone their interpersonal, foreign language, team-work, and communication skills.
- become more adaptive, assertive and independent.
- increase their confidence and self-confidence.
- enhance their professional credentials and add experience to their résumé.
- become more culturally sensitive.
- live in inspiring places.
- explore different majors and careers and develop a better idea of what they would like to do after they graduate.
If you’d like to see a longer list of reasons why your student should consider abroad, check out our Why Study Abroad page.
Your student’s decision to spend a semester abroad is going to be a very worthy investment into his or her future!