Resources for Funding a Study Abroad Program
The following list is not a comprehensive list of information for financial planning and aid during a study abroad program. Please consider it a tool to assist you in the research process.
You currently may work on or off campus to help with finances, but working while studying abroad is not as simple as working while at HPU.
Immigration policy governs work, paid and unpaid internships, and volunteer experiences. Policies differ among countries. Consult the Visa Information page as well as the consular website of the country of interest, as these policies are updated without notice.
As a general suggestion, you should not plan to work for pay while on your study abroad program.
- Student financial aid guide by Monster.com
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Education Federal Financial Aid programs
- The College Board listing of scholarship resources
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) Scholarship
- Arcadia University Scholarship Application
- Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarships
- Boren Scholarships for International Study
- Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan
- Diversity Abroad scholarships & grants
- Freeman ASIA Awards
- Fund for Education Abroad
- German Academic Exchange Service Scholarships
- GoAbroad.com: Scholarships based on destination country of study abroad
- International Financial Aid Center
- Institute for International Education of Students (IES) Financial Aid
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- InternationalScholarships.com: Internatinoal Scholarship Search
- International Student Scholarships
- Phi Kappa Phi scholarships
- Rotary-sponsored scholarships
- School for International Training (SIT) Scholarship
- Study in Australia scholarships
- StudyAbroad.com: Over 30 sites offering scholarships
- Transitions Abroad Scholarships
- A Student’s Guide to Scholarships, Grants, and Funding Publications in International Education and Other Disciplines. (2004, October). East Lansing, Michigan: Michigan State University.
- O’Sullivan, M. (Ed.). (1996). Financial Resources for International Study. New York: Institute of International Education.
- Scholarships, Fellowships & Grants for Programs Abroad. (1989). American Collegiate Service.
- Schlachter, G. A., & Weber, R. D. Directory of Financial Aid for Women, 2003-2005. San Carlos, CA: California Reference Service Press.
- Schlachter, G. A., & Weber, R. D. Financial Aid for African Americans. 2003-2005. San Carlos, CA: California Reference Service Press.