Study Abroad Financial Aid for Study Abroad
Financial Planning Policy on Study Abroad
Students who plan to use financial aid for their study abroad program should meet with their Study Abroad Advisor and their Financial Planning Counselor about the policies regarding financial aid.
For a thorough explanation, we strongly recommend you read the Financial Aid Policy on Studying Abroad before applying to any study abroad program.
HPU Study Abroad Scholarships
Presidential Scholarship travel stipends
Recipients of the Presidential Scholarship (Keller Scholars, Presidential Scholars, and Presidential Fellows) entering HPU Fall 2007 or after have available to them a one-time travel stipend in the amount of $1,000 that can be used on a Global Experience study program of their choice. This stipend cannot be applied to full-semester or summer study abroad programs.
Recipients of the Presidential Scholarship (Leadership Scholars and Leadership Fellows) entering HPU Fall 2007 or after have available to them a one-time travel stipend in the amount of $500 that can be used on a Global Experience study program of their choice. This stipend cannot be applied to full-semester or summer study abroad programs.
Resources for Funding a Study Abroad Program
The following list is not a comprehensive list of information for financial planning and aid during a study abroad program. Please consider it a tool to assist you in the research process.
- Student financial aid guide by Monster.com
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Education Federal Financial Aid programs
- The College Board listing of scholarship resources
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) Scholarship
- Arcadia University Scholarship Application
- Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarships
- Boren Scholarships for International Study
- Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan
- Diversity Abroad scholarships & grants
- Freeman ASIA Awards
- Fund for Education Abroad
- German Academic Exchange Service Scholarships
- GoAbroad.com: Scholarships based on destination country of study abroad
- International Financial Aid Center
- Institute for International Education of Students (IES) Financial Aid
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- InternationalScholarships.com: Internatinoal Scholarship Search
- International Student Scholarships
- Phi Kappa Phi scholarships
- Rotary-sponsored scholarships
- School for International Training (SIT) Scholarship
- Study in Australia scholarships
- StudyAbroad.com: Over 30 sites offering scholarships
- Transitions Abroad Scholarships
- A Student’s Guide to Scholarships, Grants, and Funding Publications in International Education and Other Disciplines. (2004, October). East Lansing, Michigan: Michigan State University.
- O’Sullivan, M. (Ed.). (1996). Financial Resources for International Study. New York: Institute of International Education.
- Scholarships, Fellowships & Grants for Programs Abroad. (1989). American Collegiate Service.
- Schlachter, G. A., & Weber, R. D. Directory of Financial Aid for Women, 2003-2005. San Carlos, CA: California Reference Service Press.
- Schlachter, G. A., & Weber, R. D. Financial Aid for African Americans. 2003-2005. San Carlos, CA: California Reference Service Press.