We are excited that you are interested in proposing and leading a short-term Study Abroad program! We hope you will find this to be a rewarding experience that will impact the lives and educational experiences of students in your field of study!
When you are ready to work on your proposal, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Jeffrey Palis, Director of Global Education, to discuss the process and feasibility of your program.
Then, download and complete the Global Experience Study Program Proposal form (linked below). The proposal form is type-able. Once complete, print and obtain all necessary signatures. Submit the proposal electronically to Dr. Claudia Femenias, Chair of the Study Abroad Committee.
To find out what our students want in a Global Experience program, please review the Undergraduate Student Survey.
To assist you with planning, the following deadlines have been created:
|Time of Travel||Proposal Deadline|
|Winter Break||December 1, the year before|
|May Term||January 15, the year before|
|Summer I||January 15, the year before|
|Summer II||January 15, the year before|
- Faculty Guidelines for Short-Term, Faculty-Led (“Maymester”) Courses
- Global Experience Study Program Proposal (includes instructions for syllabus & travel itinerary)
- Non-Teaching Faculty Proposal
- Change of Location on Existing Program
- Reimbursable Expenses for Medical Services