The Global Experience programs provide students and HPU faculty with opportunities to be immersed in cultures unlike their own. Also known as “Maymesters,” these are short-term programs led by HPU faculty members. Students can connect what they learn in the classroom with the current events and cultural legacies that they encounter while away from the HPU campus. Whether the program takes students to another U.S. state, or to the other side of the world, it is a life-changing experience! Join us as we study in exciting destinations!
Click here to view an overview of our 2014 Global Experience Programs!
Programs Accepting Applications
- Cutting Edge Exercise Physiology (Orlando, FL) – New Destination!
Programs Closed for 2014
- An American Celebration of Music (Hungary, Czech Republic & Austria) – New Destinations!
- Biodiversity in Ecuador & the Galapagos
- Chile in a Time of Transformation: A Cultural Challenge – New Program!
- Cross-Cultural Psychology (The Netherlands, Switzerland & Italy) – New Destinations!
- Ganbatte! Adventuring in Tokyo (Japan) – New Program!
- Global Business (Argentina & Chile) – New Program!
- The Grand Tour: Drawing the Masters (Italy)
- Planet Girth: The Cultural Comparison of Health & Fitness (New Zealand) – New Destination!
- Power and Politics in DC
- Rock Me Amadeus: Mozart’s Music, Life & Legacy (Czech Republic & Austria) – New Program!
- Safari in South Africa
- Spanish Culture & the Art of Flamenco
Past Global Experience Programs
For many years, High Point University students and faculty have traveled throughout the United States and across the Globe on exciting short-term, faculty-led study programs. Read about these exciting programs and the students’ experiences on our Global Experience History page.