Course: This program is not for academic credit.
Travel Dates: May 11 – 26, 2015
Estimated Cost: $4,900 (25 participants or more)
Faculty Leader: Dr. Marc Foster
The High Point University Choir’s American Celebration of Music in South Africa!
Join us for a life-changing mission to Mzansi, or South Africa, where we’ll experience playful penguin colonies, exotic butterfly exhibits, historic gold mine shafts, heart-racing cable cars up mountains, lessons on the native language, and much more.
Two incredible highlights will include an exploration of the majestic Cape Peninsula and Cape Point, the southern most tip of Africa, and a visit the solemn home of the late Nelson Mandela, the affectionate leader of human rights and dignity for all races.
- Daily breakfast, dinner and 4 lunches
- 8 concerts and performances, including 2 joint concerts with South African choirs
- 3 nights in Capetown and visit to a Penguin colony
- 2 nights in Johannesburg and visit to the Apartheid Museum and Nelson Mandela’s home
- 2 days of Safari in Kruger National Park
Interest Meetings: Join us for an all-choir interest meeting on Sunday, September 21 at 2:00 p.m. in Hayworth Fine Arts 116.