Course Title: Planet Girth: The Cultural Comparison of Health and Fitness
Course Number: GBS 3333
Credit Hours: 4
Term Offered: Spring 2015
Travel Dates: May 12 – 27, 2015
- $6,299 – $6,599 (10 – 14 students)
- $5,899 – $6,049 (15 – 18 students)
Faculty Leaders: Dr. Martie Bell & Ms. Kathy Shields
Spend 13 days in beautiful New Zealand: one week each on the north and south island. While abroad, you’ll examine Kiwi and Maori culture, health and physical education via lectures at the University of Otago and site visits to local primary and secondary schools. If you enjoy outdoor activities and love adventure, this course is for you! Experience all this amazing country has to offer.
- Backpacker-style accommodations with breakfasts included
- Attendance at a Rugby game
- Excursions to Rotorua, Tiritiri Matangi Island, Davenport and North Head
- One week in Auckland and Auckland Maori tour
Interest Meetings: Join us for the next interest meeting on Tuesday, September 30 at 4:00 p.m. in Greek Village Conference Center 203.