US Citizens must have a visa to enter Russia. AIFS, our partner in Russia will apply for the visa for you and will let you know the most up to date information and requirements. Additionally, AIFS will pay your visa processing fee for you.
Documents that may be required:
- Visa application form: Online application found here.
- Passport: Valid for at least 18 months past your date of return
- One standard picture
- Recent color photograph (not more than 6 months old).
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white).
- The photo must show the full front view of the head and include the top of the shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photo, non-smiling, open eyes, the eyes must be open and clearly visible and may not be covered by hair or spectacle frames.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print)
- The photo frame must be 35mm x 45mm in size.
- Original letter of Invitation: from your Russian host institution must be issued by the Federal Migration Service or its local office.
- Original HIV blood test (AIDS) Certificate: This certificate is valid for 3 month only (HIV blood test should be taken not earlier than 3 months before applying for a visa).
IMPORTANT: This information provides guidelines about the visa process. Visa regulations often change, and procedures can vary by Consulate and/or Embassy. Students should verify the current visa application procedures with the appropriate Consulate or Embassy before initiating the process. While every effort is made to ensure these guidelines are updated and as accurate as possible, the Office of Study Abroad and High Point University cannot guarantee that the visa information posted is the most current. The information included only applies to US citizens.