Every High Point University freshman is assigned a Success Coach to assist during their first year of college!
Success Coaches are responsible for providing appropriate academic and transitional support to first-year students applicable to all aspects of the student’s life tasks: academic, personal, social, and career. They are here to assist you in this transition to college life. Your Success Coach will serve as your academic advisor for the first year and is assigned based on academic major.
Role of the Success Coach
- Academic Advisor: Success Coaches meet with each freshman before they arrive in the Fall to help students register for classes. Success Coaches also guide student in choosing classes for their Spring semester and Fall of Sophomore year.
- Life Coach: When first-year students arrive, they experience a variety of emotions– homesickness, roommate issues, difficulty fitting in etc. Success Coaches encourage students to find their own niche on campus and to get involved in clubs, intramural sports or other campus activities.
- University Liaison: Our Success Coaches help students make connections with other faculty and staff on campus. Success Coaches can refer students to Career Services, Student Life, Counseling Services, Financial Aid and other offices on campus to ensure that each freshman receives the support and encouragement they need.
- Activities Coordinator: Success Coaches assist in the implementation of programs and services designed to promote academic, personal, and social/emotional success, engagement and retention of first-year students.
Meet with Your Success Coach to:
- Find out what courses to take
- Get more involved on campus
- Connect with the community for acts of service
- Find your “niche”
- Discuss opportunities
- Learn more about the services available to students
- Receive the support you need
We love to partner with parents/families and faculty! Please email your Success Coach directly, or at our general email address email@example.com.