Every High Point University freshman is assigned a success coach to assist during the first year of college!
Meet with YOUR success coach to:
- Find out what courses to take
- Get more involved on campus
- Connect with the community for acts of service
- Find your “niche”
- Discuss opportunities
- Learn more about the services available to students
- Receive the support you need
Look out for these popular activities that we sponsor for freshmen:
Freshman Day on the Ropes Course
Lunch with your Success Coach
The Freshman Success TEAM is responsible for providing appropriate academic and transitional support to first-year students applicable to all aspects of the student’s life tasks: academic, personal, social, and career. We are here to assist you in this transition to college life. Your success coach will serve as your academic advisor for the first year. Students are assigned to success coaches based on academic major.
Role of the Coaches
- Academic Advisor: Freshman coaches meet with each freshman before they arrive on campus to help students register for classes. Coaches also guide student in choosing classes for their Spring semester and Fall of Sophomore year.
- Life Coach: When first year students arrive, they experience a variety of emotions- homesickness, roommate issues, difficulty fitting in etc. Our coaches encourage students to find their own niche on campus and to get involved in a club, intramural sport or other campus activity.
- University Liaison: Our coaches help students make connections with other faculty and staff on campus. Freshman Success Coaches will refer students to Career Services, Student Life, Counseling Services, Financial Aid and other offices on campus to ensure that each freshman receives the support and encouragement they need.
- Promote Orientation Activities: Freshman coaches assist in the implementation of programs and services designed to promote academic, personal, and social/emotional success, engagement and retention of first-year students.
For information about the freshman success coaches, click here to meet your coach!
We love to partner with parents/families and faculty! Please email your coach directly or at firstname.lastname@example.org