Check out the list of tips and tricks I have compiled below to help make your Blackboard experience easier!
- Blackboard now has an easy way to navigate between recently visited modules, such as content pages, Grace Center, ect., in different courses or other courses you are enrolled in.
- Click on the down arrow next to the home button in the top left corner of the screen. See the picture below.
- If you have a large group of files to be posted to Blackboard, you can upload them all at once.
- Also if you have several files compressed into a zip files, you can post them to your Blackboard course either two ways:
- Upload Files feature: this feature provides the student with one link, to download zipped files in compressed from and unzip then on their computer.
- Upload Package feature: this features allows you to upload a zip file, but Blackboard automatically splits out the zip file into individual files, so that students can look at them individually.
- You can find these features by going to Files > Your Course Name within the Control Panel tool bar.
- There are two features within the grade center that could make your life easier when it comes to grading in Blackboard.
- Grade Center “Categories”: this feature allow instructors to assign categories to various tests and assignments through your Blackboard course. For example, you could assign the category “Tests” to all tests that are administered on Blackboard. Once something has been assigned a category, you can create a Weighted Column that calculates final grades by category.
- Grade Center “Smart Views”: this feature allows instructors to choose to see only identified subsets of the Grade Center. For example, a larger class could be broken up into smart views that only contain students for a specific section or lab. This comes in handy when you have a merged course of two sections.
- You can find these features by going to Grade Center > Full Grade Center within the Control Panel tool bar. Both features are located under the Manage tab in the upper action bar.
- The Course Copy feature allows you to transfer all content, such as materials, tests, grade center settings and columns, ect., from prior semesters into a new course. You can select all materials or only specific sections of your prior course.
- You can find this feature by going to Packages and Utilities > Course Copy within the Control Panel tool bar within the prior course.
- Do you ever try to view the users enrolled in your course or organization and no one is listed? There is a short trick to show you all users enrolled in your course.
- You can find this feature by going to Users and Groups > Users within the Control Panel tool bar.
- In the search bar, make sure the second box is selected to Not Blank and hit Go. This will display all users enrolled in your course or organization.
Post by Kaitlyn Reish, Training Specialist at HPU.
Click Here to return to blog homepage.