There are lots of new productivity tools out there and new ones pop up daily, but there is one that sticks out called Evernote. I may be basis, but I love everything that Evernote has to offer.
If you are like me and have multiple devices, Evernote synchronizes beautifully. I can type a note on my iPad and immediately find the same note on my computer.
With that said, below I’m sharing 5 of my favorite tips and some new ways that you can use Evernote to transform your life.
- Evernote Web Clipper is a simple extension for your web browser that makes it quick and easy to store, mark up, and share just about anything you find on the web, including selected text, articles, and even entire webpages.
- You don’t just save the URL. You can save a portion of a webpage or the entire page. You can categorize them in your customized folders, add notes, tag them, and even have them included in your google searches.
- Watch the video below to get a better feel for the web clipper tool.
- Evernote’s voice memos are useful for so many reasons. Record a meeting, a presentation, or even yourself. You can tag and save them for easy retrieval in the future.
- To save time, use a service to transcribe your voice notes.
- Watch the video below to get a better feel for adding voice memos.
- Evernote has partnered with Post-it® Notes and now, it lets you take your notes with you wherever you go.
- Whether it’s a to-do list, reminder, sketch, or big idea, just capture your Post-it® Notes into Evernote, then save and sync them across all of your devices.
- You can color-code your Post-it® Notes and put notes into shared notebooks to share ideas with family and coworkers.
- Watch the video below to get a better feel for using the Post-it® Notes feature.
- Get rid of clutter by scanning business cards with Evernote on your iPhone or iPad. Evernote recognizes the name and contact information on the card and stores it, along with a photograph of the card, inside an Evernote note.
- Every business card note is synced, searchable and available everywhere you have Evernote.
- Watch the video below to get a better feel for using the business card scanning feature.
- If you write notes by hand, this notebook is for you.
- Take meeting notes then use Evernote’s Document Camera to save everything. Share the top section of the page, keeping the bottom section private, or share the entire page.
- Watch the video below to get a better feel for using the Notebook feature.
Post by Kaitlyn Reish, Training Specialist at HPU.
- Click HERE to return to the Techblog