Below is a list of my favorite 4 Google Chrome extensions that can benefit you in and out of the classroom. Check them out!
- Explain and Send Screenshots extension allows you to take a full or partial snapshot of any website that you’d like to share or send to someone.
- You can draw arrows, lines, circles to point out things. You can erase or delete selections and even annotate the snapshot by placing text right on the image.
- Then you can copy the image to the clipboard and paste it into your email or download the image onto your computer. You can also get a direct link to the image and share it on Facebook or Twitter.
- Click HERE to download Explain and Send Screenshots extension.
- Save to Google Drive extension allows you to save web context directly to your Google Drive.
- You can save images, documents, audio and video. You can also save the page that you are currently viewing by clicking on the action button in your extension toolbar.
- The saved materials are different from a screenshot because a screenshot will only capture what is visible on your screen. However, a Save to Google Drive document will save the entire webpage, without having to scroll down and take multiple screenshots.
- After your content is saved, the progress dialog allows you to open the file, rename, or view the file in the Google Drive document list. From the document list, you can organize and share your new document.
- Click HERE to download Save to Google Drive extension.
- We all know with the creation of social media like Facebook, Twitter, Imgur, and much more you could easily sit down and lose a couple hours in no time! Well, StayFocused extension is here to the rescue!
- StayFocused extension helps you stay focused on work by restricting the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites.
- Once this time is up, the websites that you have blocked will be inaccessible for the rest of the day.
- Click HERE to StayFocused extension.
- Turn Off the Lights extension is a video viewing extension that when activated by clicking on the lamp icon in the URL bar the rest of the screen besides the video will become darkened and will automatically focus on the video.
- By right clicking on the lamp icon you can change the settings for opacity, autoplay, atmosphere lighting, mouse features and much more.
- Click HERE to download Turn Off the Lights extension.
Post by Kaitlyn Reish, Training Specialist at HPU.
Click Here to return to blog homepage.