Featured Student Internship:
Cara Kramer, ’16 – marketing and editorial intern for Samuel French Inc. in New York City
The department of theatre regularly hosts visiting professionals from the entertainment industry to teach workshops and to share their talents and experiences with our theatre students. During one academic year alone, the department of theatre hosted ten guest artists who conducted over 60 classes and workshops with our students including:
• John Cariani – Almost, Maine playwright and Tony Nominated Actor (Fiddler On The Roof)
• David Wells–Hollywood film and TV actor
• Michael Lilly – Award-winning Los Angeles director/producer
• Bruce Graham – Award-winning playwright and screenwriter
• Don Wildman – Host of History Channel’s Cities of The Underworld
• Brad Battersby – Feature film director/writer
• Pat Green –Three time Emmy Award-winning writer and producer
• Brenda Lilly –TV producer/writer and creator of ABC Family Channel’s State of Grace
Each year the department of theatre produces four “Mainstage” productions in the Hayworth Fine Arts Center’s Pauline Theatre and our “black box” theatre, The Empty Space. In addition, student directed one-act plays and original production projects regularly occur on campus.
Among our recent productions are Picnic, Kiss Me Kate, Les Liasons Dangereuses, True West, Love/Sick, All My Sons, Almost, Maine, Steel Magnolias, The Diviners, The Learned Ladies, Agnes of God, Early One Evening at the Rainbow Bar and Grille, Anna of the Tropics, The Water Engine, Bat Boy the Musical, The Robber Bridegroom, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Suessical the Musical and many more!