Scholarly Interdisciplinary Research Grant
Applications are now being accepted for a new URCW Scholarly Interdisciplinary Research Grant (SIRG). The award is up to $1000 and can be used for research or creative works supplies and/or travel for fieldwork. Those projects that best articulate the interdisciplinary nature of the work will be given preference.
Applications are due April 1
The recipient will be awarded this grant at High-PURCS. Funds will be made available for use starting in June of the same year and throughout the next academic year. Awardees choosing to use the funds in the summer cannot particiate in other funded summer research and creative works programs such as SuRPS or SURF.
Please read the eligibility requirements before filling out the application linked below
SIRG APPLICATION FORM
- Students must be enrolled full-time at High Point University.
- They have to be enrolled as an undergraduate at High Point University when they present at High-PURCS in April the year following the year of application.
- The proposed project must be a collaborative endeavor between a student and at least two mentors, one of which must a faculty member at High Point University.
- The studies must be performed at High Point University.
- The awardee must register with the URCW mentee registry.
- The awardee is required to present at High-PURCS the following year
- The applicant must explain how the work fits the definition for interdisciplinary studies shown below:
“a mode of research by teams or individuals that integrates information, data, techniques, tools, perspectives, concepts, and/or theories from two or more disciplines or bodies of specialized knowledge to advance fundamental understanding or to solve problems whose solutions are beyond the scope of a single discipline or area of research practice.”
(Facilitating interdisciplinary research. National Academies. Washington: National Academy Press, p. 2. 2004)
Funds cannot be used as a stipend or for conference travel, but a student is still eligible to apply for the URCW student travel grant on the main HPU Grants webpage.