The Writing Center provides writing assistance for undergraduate students at any level of study – from freshman to senior – at any stage in the writing process, from invention through revision. The Writing Center staff will be available in a variety of locations around campus during various hours throughout the day, Monday through Friday.
Writing Center tutors do not proofread or edit students’ papers for them, but they do work with students to help them develop strategies for improving their writing in light of their respective assignments, instructors, and writing styles.
The Writing Center has locations all over campus:
- First floor of Smith Library
- R.G. Wanek Center Learning Commons
- School of Education Lobby
- John and Marsha Slane Student Center Starbucks
- School of Communication Lobby
Look for the Writing Center name plate in all locations.
To make an appointment:
- Go to https://highpoint.mywconline.com
- If you have not already created an account with the Writing Center, click here to register.
- Follow the prompts to select a location and time for your appointment
Appointments must be made online.
Hours available: Monday through Friday, 9am-9pm with day hours on Friday
For more information, contact the Writing Center Director, Dr. Craig Curty, at email@example.com or (336) 841-9014.