Did you know that today kicks off National Physician Assistants Week?
High Point University Masters of Physician Assistant Studies Program anticipates welcoming its inaugural class in May 2015 and this makes us #HighPointHappy!
Our program has many distinctive advantages, one being our industry-leading technology, which includes:
- The most ADVANCED WIRELESS PATIENT SIMULATORS available, with internal robotics that mimic human cardiovascular, respiratory and neurological systems. The simulators have realistic airways, articulated joints and blood on board, allowing full mobile simulation capabilities.
- A NEWLY RELEASED MATERNAL/FETAL SIMULATOR to educate PA students in the management of normal childbirth and complications arising from childbirth and pregnancy.
- Central control room with ONE-WAY MIRRORS that allow faculty to direct and evaluate student performance.
- TEN patient examination tables, diagnostic sets, partial task trainers, equipment and supplies necessary for the acquisition of hands-on clinical skills.
- FOUR central projection screens providing students an easy view of skills and procedures demonstrated by the faculty.
- A STATE-OF-THE-ART digital recording system with which Standardized Patient encounters can be recorded. Students are then able to observe their patient encounters at a later date as a form of self-evaluation.
- ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORD (EMR) for documentation, prescription and laboratory orders following simulated experiences.
- And much more.
Our top-notch facilities are not the only noteworthy characteristic of our PA program; our faculty members are committed to working closely with your students to ensure their success. Hailing from prestigious PA programs around the world, High Point University PA faculty have been recognized for their excellence in teaching, as well as their expertise in health care. Together, they have more than 100 years of health care provider experience.
The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation-Provisional status to the High Point University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by High Point University. Accreditation-Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding Accreditation-Provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students. Accreditation-Provisional does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status. It is limited to no more than five years from matriculation of the first class.
Director of Marketing Services, Undergraduate Admissions