Falling For Fall

There is just something about warm-hued crunching leaves under my boots that makes me grin a little wider. There is something about crisp weather, glowing sunsets and falling leaves that adds an undeniable excitement to the air; don’t you agree? It is as if fall is universally symbolic “out with the old” – a start that offers new opportunities and promises.

I feel like the luckiest girl to have experienced the most magical autumns in Upstate New York. As a little girl, I have vivid memories of sipping freshly brewed apple cider while enjoying stunning views of the Adirondack Mountains. I would be fibbing if I told you that I was not disappointed to be spending my most cherished season away from home, my comfort zone.

Well, I have news for you. Stepping out of my comfort zone was one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself. By fall of freshman year, High Point University quickly became my home away from home, and I experienced one of my favorite autumns to date. In my opinion (and I have yet to meet someone who disagrees), HPU is a warm and welcoming community.

Fall at HPU is cozy and promising. It consists of bundling up with friends to watch a soccer game, breathtaking sunsets over the promenade and Starbucks study dates. During fall, the city of High Point is overflowing with energy and excitement from the Furniture Market. Industry leaders flock from around the globe to gather for their semi-annual convention and offer HPU students opportunities to gain insight into the furniture world. The spirit of autumn is alive and thriving at HPU – no wonder so many students are continuously falling for fall.

soccer

homework

game

furniture

10441374_306767726152921_4525324936497076806_n-1

Rachael Bozsick ’14

Admissions Intern