Greeting from the Dean:
The School of Art and Design is pleased to announce that High Point University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. NASAD is the only accrediting body to approve all art and design-based curricula and “is composed of schools and individuals representing the highest traditions and aims in the education of the artist and designer. These members have proven, by the fact of their membership and activity in the organization, their deep interest in fostering high standards for art and design education” (NASAD Handbook 2016-2017, forward). High Point University recognized the significance of this accreditation as many agree that our global community is embracing the unique problem-solving skills that have been the hallmark of the creative process, making a degree in art and design far more valuable than ever before. At the School of Art and Design we provide a stimulating and inclusive environment that encourages the exchange of ideas and the intellectual and creative development of both students and faculty.
Starting Fall 2020, the School of Art and Design is pleased to offer two new BFAs in our Studio Art and Graphic Design programs. These degrees prepare students as innovative professionals competing in a wide range of art and design oriented fields. Graduates acquire proficiencies based on four primary foundation outcomes: process, thinking, making, and connecting. For more information contact, Mr. Scott Raynor, Chair of the Art and Graphic Design Department (email@example.com).
For those wishing to cultivate and advance their creative and critical skills, we invite you to join one of our outstanding programs: Studio Art (BA, BFA), Graphic Design (BA, BFA), Interior Design (BS), and Fashion Merchandising (BS).
We also have a number of minors that are a wonderful compliment to any major: art history, studio art, graphic design, museum studies, photography, fashion merchandising, furnishings and product marketing, and visual merchandising design.
John C. Turpin, Ph.D., FIDEC
Dean, School of Art and Design
If you would like additional information or have questions about our program, please contact Martha Ashley at (336) 841-9514 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of High Point University’s School of Art and Design is to:
- create a stimulating and inclusive environment that encourages the exchange of ideas and the intellectual and creative development of faculty and students;
- prepare globally aware students for continued growth in a diverse range of fields by instilling professional values and fostering the ability to engage in critical inquiry through a variety of creative methods;
- cultivate an appreciation for artistic expression, understanding of visual literacy, and awareness of design in the university and surrounding communities.
The School of Art and Design…
- Values the role of the artist and designer as an individual who can facilitate social/cultural change at a local and global level.
- Values the creative thought and expression of all people.
- Values intellectual curiosity and the drive to independently pursue a question, thought or idea with passion and vigor.
- Values collaborative working environments that inspire interdisciplinary exploration.
- Values the centrality of experiential learning as a crucial component of the educational process.