HPU Hires Priddy as Student Activities Director

Posted on:
Summer Priddy

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 5, 2014 – The Office of Student Life at High Point University recently hired Summer Priddy as the director of campus engagement and student activities.

Priddy will coordinate campus activities on campus that engage all students throughout their years at HPU. She will also serve as the adviser to the Campus Activities Team.

Having previous experience in event planning and undergraduate mentoring, Priddy is looking forward to putting her skills to use at HPU.

“As the director of campus engagement and student activities, I have a daily opportunity to assist students in their transition to college, providing an outlet to learn and grow with their peers outside of the classroom,” says Priddy. “I also have an opportunity to develop young men and women into responsible leaders, providing them with the experiences to take skills to employers after graduation.”

Priddy is excited about starting her new career at HPU and to begin contributing to the student-focused environment.

“The moment I drove onto campus, I knew something was very different about this place,” Priddy says. “It is obvious that the student is at the center of every decision we make. I am excited to be at an institution that always puts the students first, and gives every student an opportunity to write their own story.”

Priddy received her Bachelor of Arts in psychology, as well as a Master of Education in Counselor Education – Student Affairs from Clemson University.