Class of 2021 Outcomes: Allie Bollman Joins Tom James Company

With another Commencement quickly approaching, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Allie Bollman

Hometown: Wilton, New York

Major: Entrepreneurship with minors in sales and marketing

Post-graduation plans: Bollman joins Tom James Company as a clothier following graduation. As a clothier for the Tom James Company, she will learn more about clients to better advise them on clothing that will make an impact and help define their style. She will meet with clients on the luxury of their own schedule, in their home or office, then take the time to learn and understand: what they do, who they interact with, how they dress, and what professional clothing they already own, what needs to be updated and what needs to have alterations.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me get to where I am today by preparing me with not only the education that I needed but also with life skills. When I was applying to positions, being a graduate from HPU made me standout due to the fact that employers were specifically looking for HPU students. I used the Office of Career & Professional Development all four years while attending HPU. As a freshman I worked with them to develop my resume and cover letter as well as setting up my LinkedIn profile. I still use these skills today to continually update my resume and LinkedIn as well as help my peers with theirs. I also utilized their office again as a sophomore in learning how to utilize purple briefcase and other job listing sites in looking for internships and later careers.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentors at HPU have been Troy Knauss and Kathy Elliot. These two professors have worked with me all four years and have continually pushed me to be the best entrepreneur and person that I can be. In my senior year, David Riser has been an incredible mentor giving my tips and insight on how to be a leader in life as well as in the workplace and provided many other insights on the real world.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was my sophomore year when I won first place at the High Point University Elevator Pitch Competition in November 2018. It was my then professor Troy Knauss who originally pushed me to enter the competition with my idea EatSafe, a food allergy test strip, as part of an extra credit assignment for his ideation and creativity class. Never would I have imagined that this would lead to me winning the competition which completely pivoted my life. Since then, I have continued working to patent my idea and further create more entrepreneurial ideas.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice for underclassmen would be to take advantage of the career fair opportunities that HPU provides in class and out of class. These opportunities are a great way to form connections that can lead to later opportunities as these employers are specifically looking for HPU students and know what you have to offer being an HPU graduate!”